Plants are amazing! We all love having them around the house, they not only help with your décor but also may offer some companionship for those long periods of time that we are forced to stay inside (quarantine I’m looking at you ¬¬). Sometimes though, they can be dangerous for our four-legged friends.
Here are the plants to look out for if you have an adventurous pooch and their effects on them if ingested.
A great and common houseplant to have, it’s not overly poisonous to pets but can cause diarrhoea if they consume too much.
A plant that not only looks good but tastes amazing but be careful, they can cause weakness, gastrointestinal problems, drowsiness, dilated pupils, slow heart rate, and confusion if eaten by dogs.
Azaleas can bring some colour to our houses or gardens but for dogs, all parts of azaleas cause nausea, vomiting, depression, difficulty breathing and even coma or death if ingested in large enough quantities.
Tulips can bring the spring inside our homes but they are toxic for doggies, especially the bulbs.
This popular Christmas plant’s berries can upset the gastrointestinal tract and cause dermatitis. Just a few berries are enough to kill puppies.
A very common garden flower that can cause extreme oral irritation and excessive inflammation of the mouth, as well as drooling and vomiting.
A lovely summer flower that can cause drooling, vomiting, diarrhoea, and general lethargy.